I finally read Dianne Jacob's book, "Will Write for Food" after finishing the 5th cookbook. As the saying goes, "better late than never". For those who inspire to write their own cookbook one day, this book is definitely full of useful information that will guide you to do your best.
I contacted Dianne to let her know how much I appreciated the book. She asked me to write a post on her blog, which I highly recommend too. She asked me to write on how to become an award-winning cookbook author. Am I an award-winning author? Ah yes! So I wrote from the heart without any pretense to guide others on their journey to write their own story. You can read the post here.
|Gourmand Cookbook Award Ceremony|
Here are the basic points in a nutshell:
1. Don't ever let anyone undermine your dreams.
2. The journey matters more than the destination.
3. The subject of the book has to become one of the main focuses in your life 24/7.
4. You must have luck on your side.
5. Get support and don't give up. Your work will pay off.
6. Each book should have it's own traits and characteristics.
7. Leave room for serendipity.
8. Find the right partners.
9. Find your muse.
10. Think big.
11. Stay humble.