Monday, June 18, 2012

Kebabs and Things


My father had this collage made of the menu of our family restaurant. It brings back so many memories. Do you notice the variety? I was 15 years old when he opened the restaurant. Three years later, the restaurant closed and we headed back to Lebanon. A Lebanese person never feels better than in his homeland. I did not understand that then, but I do now. The years I spent in the restaurant were not always easy, but today those years are the foundation of all my work. When one lives through "living, cooking, serving" in a restaurant, the feelings never leave you and the "adrenaline" found it that type of setting is always and forever part of the search you have in you. At least, that is how I feel! This week I am traveling far from Lebanon to Seattle, WA to work on a familiar concept. I will be cooking with Mamnoon's chef to solidify the menu. I am looking forward to this a lot!

No comments:

Popular Posts