Green Hand is taking initiatives to create very exciting tourism that I can certainly identify with. Here enclosed is their next journey. Join them if you can, it sounds like great fun.
Green Responsible Tourism Program
Launching of the Aacoub Trail on Sunday, June 19th, 2011
Aacoub Trail Program: (Aacoub Latin name: Gundelia Tournefortii)
8:00 Departure from Beirut meeting point in-front of AL-NAHAR building, Down Town.
8:40 Departure from Aley meeting point in-front of Green Hand Main office, Old Souk.
Ain Hercha (~ 100 km trip) expected arrival 10:00 am
- Lebanese traditional breakfast delivered by the families of Ain Hercha (45 min time).
- Soft to Medium round trip hike to Ain Hercha Romanian Temple (90 min time).
- Spiritual visit to the nassek of Ain Hercha “Brother Naseeb” (60 min time).
Rachaya Al Wadi (~7 km trip)
- Independence fortress (30 min time).
- Old souks (30 min time).
- Craftsman – traditional and artistic stoves (30 min time).
Aiha (~ 5 km trip)
- Environmental Green Lunch. (90 min time).
- Exhibition of traditional home made food items of the women’s cooperate in Aiha.
Estimated time for arrival, Aley: 6:00 pm and Beirut: 6:45 pm.
The Aacoub Trail Needs:
1- Walking Shoes, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Screen, Extra Jacket or Flees.
2- Bottle of Water.
4- ID or Passport.
The Aacoub Trail Donation Cost:
40 USD, including: Guide, Transportation, Breakfast, Lunch and guided Aacoub visit.
For Reservation and Confirmation:
Deadline, Monday – June 13, 2011 by SMS on 03716344 or e-mail: email@example.com
Payment is requested to be delivered in cash to Green Hand Main Office in Aley by Wednesday, June 15, 2011 maximum, or by Western Union to Mrs Abir Kassis & through sending the code by sms to 03716344.
1- Kids are allowed on parents own responsibility via the same donation cost. I spoke to Zaher to lower the price, he agreed for $30.
2- Pets are not allowed.
3- Friends that like to follow with their cars are welcomed via the same donation cost.
4- Booking without payment will not be counted.
5- Our trip does not include medical insurance.
Please Feel Free to Contact Us for any Further Inquiry:
03 716 344
Aley Meeting Point
03 760 854
Beirut Meeting Point