Sunday, January 24, 2016

In Spite of....


In spite of...

1. losing a friend to terrorism, my dear Leila... we had unfinished business together. You were suppose to continue guiding my daughter as she starts her artistic path as you have beautifully done. We were suppose to cook together. I was suppose to see you barefoot and pregnant. I wanted to continue to tell you about the joy of being a mother and to show you that this would be the ultimate adventure you seek in your life... The fruit of your love with Nabil, your beloved. There were so many things I wanted to share....You left too soon...

This is my favorite picture of you, it shows your inner beauty

2. living through the beginning of what psychologists call "the empty nest syndrome" , where a child leaves the nest to go and study abroad. Slowly but surely all are heading towards their chosen paths far from us.

3. living with the fact that our parents are getting older and more fragile.

3. seeing my beloved country go to hell literary and not being able to do a single thing about it...

4. watching injustices occur to people around me every day.

 
In spite of that... I will continue to capture the beauty of life, to cook, and to try to help those around me...  I may disappear one day soon (as Leila has) or in a long time and live to become an old woman.

It is God's will or as they say "maktoob".

4 comments:

بدوية said...

What a lovely and sad tribute to your deR friend who is beautiful indeed, young and talented

nomadbread said...

So sorry for your loss. Please don't lose hope and stay strong. You're an inspiration to a lot of people around the world, including myself.

Lots of love and respect.
A

PS: I will be in touch in the near future. I need your help to get some cooking/baking experience in Lebanon, so I can open my own place here in the UK.

perla said...

Je tiens a vous dire que j'ai lu tout votre blog en une semaine ..j'ai fais des dizaines de captures d'ecran que je garde precieusement !merci pour ce beau travail! Hier j'ai commande soup for syria chez mon libraire mais je l'aurai dans un mois ..il faut etre patient !
Bonne continuation et bon weekend

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I've stumbled upon this blog. Such a smooth and easy reading, looks like words are pouring out of your heart. Thank you and wish peace to your country and your people!

Popular Posts