Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happiness is Homemade

I just finished mixing three batches of dough to make homemade bread. I made three different kinds of bread today. The first batch was made with green olives. You simply cannot beat the taste of Lebanese olives, tangy with lots of zest. Unbeatable! The second batch was mixed with nigella seeds, just the right flavor for a salmon sandwich (just an idea). And last but not least, brown bread made with wholesome brown flour. It feels like home, perfect. Did I mention I just started a diet? When I start a diet, I cook and bake 24/ 7. If I could realize one tiny little wish in life, it would be to EAT as much as my heart desires and NOT get FAT! As I was mixing the dough, I told myself how lucky I was to be able to fulfill my inner joy with the mere mixing of flour, salt, and water. Why does cooking and baking make me so happy? Is it perhaps that the final product will be the element that will unite our family around a table for a good time... Or is it simply the smell and taste that I cherish the most? Whatever the case, it's nice to know that one can find happiness in the comfort of his / her own home.

Seek and ye shall find...

Can you smell it?

No comments:

Popular Posts