Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Being Positive is Contagious - Introducing Mamnoon


Despite every single negative event that is happening in Lebanon and in the region (Syria especially), I simply refuse to fall (however you want to interpret this).

Happy thoughts... voila! The best revenge of all, as I finish up writing my recipes for my consultancy project in the USA for next month (June). My book writings have led me to these good people (ex Microsoft employee and his CEO wife both originally from Syria / Lebanon) who are going to open a restaurant in Seattle, Washington. I am the official menu planner (love how that sounds). It's a very enriching experience. I am taking part in the birth of a special project that is very significant to this particular time in my life and theirs (and to happenings of world events). Exactly 27 years ago (when I was 15 years old, my son's age now, don't do the math), my father opened a Lebanese restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I worked hand in hand with my whole family for three years at Kebabs and Things. Today, again life is sending me back to the USA (to the extreme other side) to introduce Middle Eastern cuisine to Americans. I'm really delighted to go through this experience once more, many years later. The name of the restaurant is called Mamnoon, meaning to be thankful. I'm thankful!

So I'm packing the family and myself and heading to Seattle to live the Mamnoon experience...
more to come later on this USA / Lebanese food adventure.

Want to know more about Mamnoon? Here is a glimpse... published in the Capitol Hill Seattle Blog.

No comments:

Popular Posts