Saturday, May 14, 2011

Barbara in Barouk Helwe w Morra




This is how a community of folks from the Shouf make something exceptional with food. I have always been very much impressed by their mouneh production. When I started my mouneh book, I was very much influenced by the wide range of products available at the reserve. Rizkallah, a charming man, whose job is to coordinate the whole process was kind enough to introduce me to some of his food producers. The area is really special and I respect very much the fact that it is being protected from man's bulldozers. Thank you! This trip was magical, the bread-making exceptional. The ritual, very enlightening - and I always say we can perpetuate it all over the country in every household. Start with purchasing a saj and the rest will come easily. Let us keep these traditions alive, for the sake our children.
 

No comments:

Popular Posts