Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Barbara in Anjar "Red Pepper Paste" Helwe Beirut



Annie is a dear friend. I have know her for years. We met one day when I asked a friend of my sister if she knew someone who cooked delicious Armenian food. We met, cooked together, and have developed a true friendship.The recipe of red pepper paste is very special to me. It is a mouneh item that I never go without. I go to Anjar every year to live through the ritual and have become a true adept to adding red pepper paste to almost all my cooking. My kids sometimes complain when the dish is too spicy but their palates have gotten used to it. Producing this recipe is a true joy. It is a bit time consuming but if you dedicate a whole day to it's production, you will enjoy the flavors all year long. Love you Annie!

No comments:

Popular Posts