Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mouneh Reviewed in the Art of Eating

the Art of Eating
I am very proud to announce that Mouneh has been reviewed by the Art of Eating this month, a prestigious magazine in the USA. Whoever had something to do with this, I thank them wherever they may be. I hope that the review is positive. I shall post it as soon as I get a copy. Hopefully I can find it in a local bookshop. I have this need to have my work and writings in my "other" homeland, the one I grew up in. It is important to  me that part of who I am remains there forever, that I may also leave a trace in this distant land that I hold forever in my heart. I once read a phrase that Khalil Gibran wrote. It went something like, " I belong in two different worlds, Lebanon and America - I feel  that I belong to neither". In my case, I feel like that too and sometimes I feel like I belong to both!

A glimpse of the review: 

"Barbara Abdeni Massad has taken 'the feeling' that an old Lebanese woman had about a 'pinch' of this and 'a drop' of that and transformed it into complete, accurate recipes for the supermarket generation." 

No comments:

Popular Posts