Friday, November 20, 2009

Receiving my Organic Vegetables

Like a package in the mail, a man rang my doorbell and delivered two large cartons of fruits and vegetables to our house. I was so excited! Everything seemed fine. The fruits and vegetables looked smaller, the shapes were uneven, but the quality is surely much different. I got 3 kilos of eggplants, beautiful! They are not huge, just finely elongated to make a perfect Italian dish derived from Italy's southern regions, Parmigiana di melanzane. This dish is made of baked eggplants with tomato sauce, covered with mozzarella cheese. The question is, can a family of 5 live on organic fruits and vegetables all through the winter? I'm certainly willing to give it a try. Oh, I did get 2 or 3 bad apples, so I'm going to cut them in half, use the best parts and bake a cake tonight! Can't let one single morsel go to waste!

Today I' m going with my dear friend Cathy Sultan, writer of a few wonderful books: A Beirut Heart - One Woman's War, Tragedy in South Lebanon - The Israeli-Hezbollah War of 2006, and Israeli and Palestinian Voices to eat lunch at Tawlet Souk el Tayeb. Today, perhaps will be a historical day for a new project to take form - and I would have had something to do with it's birth... how exciting!

1 comment:

HyunChard said...

Upon receiving the organic food delivered to our place, I immediately checked it our for the bad ones. In this way, I could complain early to my fellow producer in order for them to replace it. I experienced one time when I received the ordered foods, they mixed it with sub-standard ones but its too late, I noticed it a few days after the delivery. So that's it better check it our early especially if its not your trusted supplier.

Popular Posts