Friday, November 6, 2009
Spicy Potatoes (Patata Harra)
This is one of my favorite recipes (learned it in my training days too):
What you need:
potatoes - 1kg
chicken stock - a ladle or two
coriander - a bunch chopped
vegetable oil - a bit
olive oil - a bit
tomato paste - 2 tbs.
red pepper paste - 1 tbs., this will depend on how spicy you want it!
garlic cut very finely - 4-5 cloves
lemon juice - 1/4 cup
salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
1. wash, peel and cut the potatoes into even cubes.
2. deep-fry them for 5 minutes (not more), strain through a sieve.
3. in a large saucepan, add vegetable oil and olive oil, fry the garlic.
4. In a mixing bowl blend tomato paste and red pepper paste, pour the lemon and the chicken stock. Add to the frying garlic in the saucepan. Heat for 2 minutes. Add the coriander.
5. Throw in the potatoes, cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Careful, don't break the potatoes and make sure the juice is evenly distributed.
6. Serve hot! Sahteyn...
This will make a large serving enough for a family of 5 - 6.
You will absolutely love it!