Sunday, November 8, 2009

An Unexpected Call

I was taking a little nap Friday afternoon, before the kids came from school. My mobile rang, "no!" I continued sleeping, can't be bothered with this now... I need a rest! I looked at the number and did not recognize it. It was not the school calling, as far I was concerned it was not an emergency. I went back to my comfortable long-awaited sleep. Nothing like it! Ten minutes later, again, the same number...
I put on my best "awakened" voice, it was the Minister of Culture, Tammam Salam. It took me a minute to focus, then I remembered I sent him my book. What a nice man, he congratulated me on the book, said the photos were great and that he was very keen on taking pictures himself, having learned from his father. He spoke about the book for a while and apologized for not having seen it before. What a nice gesture to have taken the time personally to call me, I really appreciated it... It gave me a boost to continue my very strenuous endeavor - finishing mouneh!!! I told him that now he was obliged to attend my next book signing, he agreed and we promised to keep in touch. I don't know if he will continue in politics in the new government that is being formed, but it was a real treat to have met Mr. Salam, and now I have a new fan!

No comments:

Popular Posts