Monday, February 6, 2012

Barbara with Chirine Visiting Abou Abdallah and Ashghalouna "Helwe Beirut"



The hummus at Abou Abdallah is delicious! I love to discover new places with my friend Cherine! Ashghlanouna was something very special and it inspired me a lot. I really admire these ladies who work to help widowers to survive. The food is really out of this world and I think that more of these places should exist. Don't you? A lot of people called LBC to know about both places when the show was aired. I'm really glad to hear that our segment is getting very popular. It motivates me to do more. If you would like for me to cover a place or visit someone, please drop a line. I am always open to suggestions.

Abou Abdallah
Dora - Pierre Gemayal Street
Mon - Sat 7:00 - 14:30
01-256286

Ashghalouna
Zokak el Blat - Fares Nemr Street
Friday 13:30 - 16.:00
01-366758 - reservation is a must because the tables fill up quickly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to make a really authentic and successful hummos bi tahineh the skins must be removed from the hummos before or after cooking the peas..this was the done by high quality fouals throughout the Levant before but sadly the tradition its disappearing .. wonder if Abou Abdallah does this?it makes for a creamier,more intense flavored and easier to digest dish..skins should also be removed for falafel making

Popular Posts